- Need to be excellent communicators, team orientated and have a strong operational and safety focus. A friendly, customer-focused, outgoing outlook with the ability to organise and work well with groups of people of all ages and nationalities is essential.
- Instructors must be knowledgeable and experienced stand up paddleboarders – preferably with an minimum qualification of ISA level 1 or equivalent, and/or experienced kayakers with minimum Sea Kayak Leader or equivalent qualifications- (SKOANZ or NZOIA).
- A current First Aid Certificate would be necessary.
- A full NZ driver’s licence would also be an advantage but not a requirement.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Mission Bay Watersports was founded in such a way that we use our love for the outdoors, kayaking expertise, conservation commitment and years of paddling, to provide the most genuine, marine-based experiences possible. We are looking for staff who are committed to educating and entertaining our guests in a safe and fun environment.
Why work with us
- Emphasis on personal development
- Competitive remuneration
- Diverse and ever-changing working environment
- Skilled and experienced co-workers
- Auckland’s most awarded sea kayak operator
Applicants MUST have:
- A passion for kayaking and the marine environment.
- Respect for cultural diversity, excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Clean full New Zealand drivers licence and ability to drive with a trailer.
- A minimum of one year Outdoor Leadership / Adventure Tourism course or equivalent experience in the industry
- Hold current first aid certificate
- Ideally you hold an NZOIA Sea Kayak qualification and have a strong kayak roll or can demonstrate personal skills to this level. Auckland Sea Kayaks is happy to train the right person to achieve an NZOIA sea kayak qualification